Saturday, June 16, 2012

Week 33


How far along? 33 Weeks, 3 days.
Total weight gain: Last week I was up 25 lbs. I do not wish to nor will I weigh myself at home just to find out for this. I'll leave that blow for the Dr.'s office. 
Maternity clothes? Yep.
Stretch marks? Haven't seen one yet!
Sleep: I thought I was getting up a lot last week to use the bathroom...this week I'm up even more now. We're rolling (no pun intended) through the TP like crazy!
Best moment this week: Celebrating BT in Seattle at a shower with family and friends. (More on that later.) Justin and I also enjoyed a date day/night in Seattle before and after the shower. We went to El Camino in Fremont for the quesadilla de camarones (freaking amazing) and the plantains & guac, went to Shilshoe Bay to take pictures, drove by my old apartment in Fremont, 
pointed out old haunts and said "remember when...,"drove around Queen Anne, stopped at Kerry Park, walked along the pier, went to dinner at The Fisherman (The Crab Pot was our intention, but it was already 9 p.m., we weren't hungry enough for The Alaskan seafeast for two and the and the wait was suuuppper long), ate ice cream and just enjoyed spending time as just the two of us in the city where we spend our first few years in love.  
Miss Anything? My hips not aching in the morning. A full cup of coffee. A caffinated latte later in the day if I feel like it. Being able to walk through Ikea for hours without my feet running out of room in my shoes.
Movement: BT gets the hiccups more regularly now. Poor little thing. I hate getting the hiccups myself and can just imagine the little babe practically convulsing with each hiccup, not understanding what's going on. I can feel BT's hiccups on the inside and the outside when BT really gets going (which is cute, but I still feel bad for it). 
Food cravings: No, although I wrote about local (Bay Area)  halibut and white seabass for the newsletter that went out Wednesday. That night we had homemade fish tacos (so good!). One can only write about a topic for so long before one needs to eat said topic!
Anything making you queasy or sick: no, but suddenly our water has a weird taste...? I'm also really enjoying the chocolate frozen yogurt I picked up at the store.
Gender: Still going to be a surprise. Even the Old Wives' Tale test ended in a tie. 

Labor Signs: None (at least I don't think so).
Symptoms: People sure like to smile at pregnant people! I know I do it too; it's just strange being on the receiving end :) Does it continue once the kid is born or is it then that people become annoyed that there is a wee babe nearby? Also, BT keeps me quite toasty at night. I might be slightly chilly or at least comfortable, temperature-wise, most of the day, but once I lay down in bed I get super hot. Sometimes a sheet is even too much. This makes for an interesting night as Justin is usually the one that's overheated, not me...it doesn't help that I pile all the extra blankets on him during the night. 
Belly Button in or out? Still an in/out.
Wedding rings on or off? On. Though I don't put it on every day right now...I don't usually leave the house. Not that I have to leave the house to put on my rings, but I rarely even get out of my sweatpants...so...
Happy or Moody most of the time: Both, I suppose, though I don't have much to complain about and would like to think I'm happy most of the time.
Looking forward to: Justin being home this weekend! We're also going to pick up things on my "must have before BT comes" list. 



3 comments:

Breanna said...

You are looking absolutely gorgeous! I am so excited for you guys and am having such fun following along here on your blog : ).

Maggie and Drew said...

I saw this latest pic and thought "BOY" right away!! What a cute post. You'll be so glad to have these journal entries after the baby gets here. And, people will still smile at you after the baby gets here, esp when he/she is tiny and sleeping all the time when you're out and about. BTW, I now want fish tacos :)

Team Thompson said...

The fish tacos were delish! Here's a link to the recipe...I added a little cilantro into the slaw because I felt it was missing that: http://sigonas.wordpress.com/2012/06/13/in-the-kitchen-with-sigonas-featuring-local-halibut/

Also...perhaps cut down on the amount of slaw you make. We had quite a bit left over.