We had our 32 week appointment this morning. BT's heart rate is a healthy 140 and my blood pressure is still in a good range. After we went through my list of questions about this, that and the other, Dr. felt around to see if BT was possibly still breech or transverse. Dr. says it seems the kiddo may still be breech -- if it feels the same in a few weeks we may do another ultrasound to confirm.
Everyone! Start sending BT messages to flip around!
After today we start in on appointments every two weeks until week 36 when I start going once a week.
To me, August 1 sounds like a long time from now. Saying less than eight weeks sounds like even less time, but when you say 54 days it sounds like no time at all! The Today Show does an Olympics countdown every morning...as of today, Olympics Day #1 is 49 days away...July 27. I swear it was just last week they said the Olympics start in 100 days.
We already have one vote in for July 27th being BT's arrival date...anyone else have a guess? Also, at the shower last weekend (details to come) the vote for BT being a girl won over the votes for a boy by one. Three were undecided. What do you think??
We're making progress on the nursery. The glider finally arrived and Justin and I put up some wall sticker decor last night. We hope to get a wardrobe this weekend and then I can start putting things away...I can't wait to have the room all put together!
Glider!
BT and me in the glider. BT either doesn't like rocking or loves it...I've rocked back and forth a few times and when I stop BT starts moving like crazy. It's either seasick or wants me to glide more...only time will tell!
Justin applying the final bird to the wall art...he called it the "fly away bird." I had the hymn I'll Fly Away in my head for more than an hour after we finished this project!
And now it's in my head again. I hope it's in yours too ;)
I saw the following list of Q&A on another pregnant lady's blog and decided to copy it...
How far along? 32 Weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain: Up 25 lbs. (give or take a few)Maternity clothes? Definitely...my usual t-shirts probably only have a week's worth of wear room left too
Stretch marks? Haven't seen one yet!
Sleep: I get sleep, but the business of getting up and out of bed 2-3 times a night isn't as easy as it used to be. Neither is rolling over. I'm very thankful for my body pillow, which Justin fondly refers to as "the nest." If I lay in bed any longer than eight hours, my hips begin to ache...no fun.
Best moment this week: Celebrating BT at a shower in Grandview with family and friends! Also putting up nursery decor with the help of JT who is just as excited as I am to get the room done :)
Miss Anything? My pre-preg arms (I feel like they're entering ham-hock territory this week) and beer.
Movement: Obviously, babies grow while in utero, but I love how I can tell the difference from week to week. The jabs have morphed into rolls and pushes, through there is still the occasional big kick that makes my tummy stretch out. BT is a mover and has a somewhat predictable schedule :)
Food cravings: Nothing really...I haven't had much of a craving at any point, though I do prefer salty or savory over sweet. That doesn't mean I don't eat the sweets if they're an option!
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Gender: TBD!
Labor Signs: I've had a few Braxton-Hicks contractions over the past week accompanied by a bit of lower back pain...the Dr. says the two combined are normal as long as there isn't any real pain involved. Other than that, no signs.
Symptoms: I reach for the Tums about 4:30 every day; I need more than one if I had a pickle or banana peppers on a sandwich for lunch (when will I learn to leave the pickles in the fridge?!??!?!). I'm also finding myself more short of breath now that BT has moved into the lungs' zone.
Belly Button in or out? In, but my pre-existing hernia-type protrusion right next to my belly button is out so it looks like I have an outie.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy & moody...I'm also getting anxious!
Looking forward to: The shower in Seattle this weekend with more family and friends. I'm also looking forward to getting the nursery set up, clothes washed and, of course, BT's due date!
On a final note, BT would like to ask for prayers for its friend baby Judah. Baby Judah arrived a few weeks early -- he's doing ok, but is still in the NICU to monitor his breathing. Mom and dad, Amanda and Matt, are home now but are spending lots of time in the NICU with Judah. Prayers for mom and dad, mom's recovery and baby Judah are very much appreciated!
No comments:
Post a Comment