Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mr. & Mrs. Emerson

What a perfect day it was! The weather was just right, the bride was gorgeous, the yard was luminous, the food was delicious, the groom was handsome, the party was hoppin', the newlyweds looked so in love and the guests were joyous.

The morning started with a few last minute yard-prep to dos, but soon everyone showered, went to the beauty salon, zipped into their dresses and slipped on their tuxes.

Dad and Joe came up with the idea of using the RV to transport the wedding party to and from the wedding -- it's like a super posh limo! Plus, the church is only about 3 miles from home, so it worked like a charm...and I think dad really enjoyed playing chauffeur.

After the ceremony, we took a few pics at the church, but then headed back to mom and dad's for the reception. All the little details Brianna had put together, from the strings of lights, to candles and roses on tables, to the hanging candle chandeliers handing in the cake tent, made the night special and intimate.

It was so great to see most of the extended family again, as well as many familiar faces and friends from my hometown. I didn't get a chance to spend much time with everyone, but I'm grateful I was able to see everyone on such a fun occasion and to know that they were there to celebrate my little brother and his bride.

I pilfered some of these pictures from other people's Facebook pages (ehem...Carrie's FB), as well as the photographer's blog. Believe it or not, neither Justin nor I managed to take a single picture during the ceremony (well...we couldn't have since we were both in the wedding party) or the reception. Not one. Ugh! So...everyone, please go visit Curtis Campbell Photography right now and note I'm giving credit where credit is due for these photos. They're gorgeous shots...I love the way he captured the light, the moment and the emotion.

Enjoy:
The reception setting...pre tables and chairs.
The men and little cutie-patootie Walter.
(via)
 I'm the pink one...
(via)
This and the next pic tie for my favorite shots. Beautiful picture with genuine happy smiles.
(via)
 
Love the colors.
(via)
 Love it.
(via)
 
What a wonderful picture of the night, the light and the couple. 
(via)
 
 They danced to My Wish by Rascal Flatts. I cried. I still tear up now when I hear the song. It's perfect for a mother-son dance. 
(via)
 Cake time!
(Carrie's pic)
  
Me and my silver fox. Thanks, Aunt Barbara, for coming to my rescue with a necklace!
(Carrie's pic)

Congratulations, Joe & Brianna! Thank you for including both Justin and me in your wedding day. You two look so in love and that makes a sister's heart fill with joy.

No comments: