Thursday, September 29, 2011

Final Countdown

I get to see Baby James and all the rest of the Chyterbok/Rabe clan in Chicagoland family in just a few days! I figure that if James and I had a convo about my upcoming trip, it'd go something like this:
"Hey, so I hear you're coming to town this weekend, is it true?"

"Yea, buddy. I'll get there late Friday night!!"

"Ooooo this is excellent news. I've been practicing my talking and smiles just for you. I'm getting pretty good...just wait and see!"

"I hear you're smiling up a storm these days! Your momma texted me the cutest little video of you practicing your welcome speech."

"Aw, yeah. My mom is pretty bomb, huh. She knows just how to make me smile."

"Yep, she sure is! I can't wait to meet you and see your family. I've got a little something for you, too...something I'm sure you'll want to wear every day after we spend some time together ;) See you real soon, little man!"
-----
As a side note, it's good to know that the kids still say "bomb." I was starting to wonder if it made me seem uncool or old when I said it. So if newborns are still saying it, it must still be a rad thing to say, right?

2 comments:

MaryJane said...

LOL! Have a great time and hand out hugs to everyone for me!

Maggie and Drew said...

LOVE IT!!! So excited to see you TOMORROW!!!!