If you find yourself invited to a wedding anytime soon, you should know that you're not cool if you don't know how to "Dougie."
Oh, I'm down with the kids (name that movie). I can Macarena, Thriller or Boot Scootin' Boogie circles around anyone (ok, ok...no, I can't, but at least I know what those dances are and can fake my way through them). I even know how to do a spiced up version of running in place to dance along to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
But...Dougie? I'd never even heard the song before Joe and Brianna's wedding.
WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME?!
I was out shakin' it on the dance floor, after someone finally coaxed me out there in the first place, and was busy dancing with my cousins and fellow bridesmaids when the Dougie song came on.
Suddenly, a circle formed. You know, the kind of circle that formed at high school dances when it was time for break dancing.
What? That never happened at your high school dances? Well it did at mine.
So, people formed a circle. People began swaying side to side. I continued bouncing back and forth on the balls of my feet...my standard dancing move. People began swaying more, all in sync to the rhythm of the music (dancing to the beat...it's a novel idea, right). Then, it happened: people started going crazy...I thought it was some sort of Bohemian, Rasta-love hippy dancing. People were rolling their arms into the air, they were spinning and doing moves as if they were greasing up their hair.
One of the bridesmaids...who must have seen my panicked look or noticed that I was the only one not swaying to the beat...came over and said, "put your arms out like this [steering wheel movement to the side] and then do it on the other side."
"Oh! Ok, yeah," I said.
The minute she turned back around to the circle, I steering wheel-shimmied myself right off the dance floor and over to the bar.
I still haven't heard the Dougie song on any station I listen to in the Bay Area.
Now, go get your notebook, put on your best dancing shoes, stand in front of the full-length mirror and then press play.
Note: this video is ok for all audiences...you can look up your own Dougie video, if you so choose.
You can thank me later :)
1 comment:
Seems simple enough. Thanks for the tip!!
Post a Comment