Sleep: Thank goodness for the AC window unit, that's all I have to say about this week!
Best moment(s) this week: Dr. says I'm now about 2.5cm dilated. Secondly, though a little bittersweet, today is my last day working before maternity leave. Aside from populating the store's new website with produce tips, I've not done much in the last two weeks as it was time for the new guy to handle a newsletter on his own. It's a strange feeling knowing I won't have ANYTHING tying me to the computer after 5 p.m. today. It's wonderful and daunting (that's the word I'm going with for now) at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic about the opportunity to be a stay-at-home-mommy, but when you boil it down, a lot has changed for me in the last few months...with moving, working less than part-time, leaving a great group of friends, staying in the house almost all day every day, not to mention being pregnant...and there are many more changes to come!
Miss anything? Seeing the bones in my feet. Poor things are pretty swollen these days.
Movement: BT's little feet are usually up near my ribs or off to the side. It likes to do a little dance for dad at night, kind of like the boot scootin' boogie...it sweeps one heel or knee back and forth from one side to the other after dinner. I'm glad Justin gets to feel the little one's acrobatics once in a while too.
Food cravings: I've been digging red meat, salsa and berries this week. When I was first pregnant I wanted Mexican food a lot, now I seem to be back on the same track. Tacos, burritos, salsa...I even made some salsa the other day, yum! Overall food intake this week in general has been less because of the heat.
Labor signs: The same backache that hits every once and again. They seem to be doing some good!
Symptoms: I decided that all the blinds in our house were gross so I've been cleaning them. I also plan on moping all the wood floors with a vinegar mix at some point...it'd probably be best to wait until we have some cooler weather to try that.
Wedding rings on or off? Just have the wedding band on lately. The others fit, but I've just been sporting the band just because.
Happy or moody most of the time: Hot. Grumpy. Swollen. Anxious. Nervous. Excited.
Looking forward to: Seeing BT on the ultrasound next week. The dr. said my belly is measuring a little small for 37 weeks (should be about 37 cm, +/- 2cm) so we'll take a look to see how the baby is positioned and measuring up. Neither JT nor I are tall people or come from families of beastly-sized folk (well, except for those Norwegians, but I inherited my stature from my mom's side), so the dr. said she wouldn't be surprised if baby is just small, but wants to check things out anyway. Since she's ok waiting a week, I'm trying my hardest to tell my brain not to over think things and work itself into a nervous tizzy. It could also be because BT may have dropped. Maybe. It's hard to tell. Fingers crossed! Prayers for a healthy baby and hospitable living in-utero living environment are appreciated!
Speaking of an in-utero living environment...and if you'd like a good laugh...read this blog post from Honest Toddler -- a collection of comical posts written from a toddler's perspective. The entire blog is hysterical. I think it's funny and BT hasn't even been born yet! (Thanks, HB, for the recommendation!)
This is all you're gonna get this week...it's too hot to turn on the hair dryer and I don't feel that anyone should be subjected to what my hair looks like when I don't use a hair dryer. Well, anyone except my husband, other park goers and all the staff at my doctor's office. But...they understand. It's hot and I'm pregnant. The end.
In other news, BT is still the size of a "watermelon." The app had the same stats as last week. Boring!

No comments:
Post a Comment