Thursday, July 19, 2012

Week 38



How far along? 38 Weeks, 1 day

Sleep: Not very comfortable at all these days. 
Best moment(s) this week: (1). Driving home from the store, music blaring in the car. I believe BT started dancing to the beat..or was trying to tell me, "Oy! MOM! That's too loud and that is NOT what the cool kids listen to these days!" (2). My mom came up Monday. It's so nice that family is close now and anyone can easily come up for the day. (3). Heather and Eva stopped by to say hi while they were in town! (4). I sewed a little somethin' somethin' for Mr. James' first birthday AND got it in the mail. (5). Discovering New Girl on Hulu. Hilarious!
Miss anything? Walking at a good pace. Laying down and not getting heartburn. Not being bitten by what seems like every bug out there (apparently bugs like preggos). A cold beer on a hot day. Aunt Looie's pool. 
MovementAs I type, BT is stretching. It's cute (and slightly uncomfortable).
Food cravings: As has been a constant the whole time: water. Also, when I arrived at the park today for a walk, I thought I could smell peach cobbler. Now I want some. We've also been eating a lot of orange-flesh honeydew melon. Do yourself a favor and get one at the store. Look for a more yellow than green coloring, make sure the bottom gives slightly and is fragrant...then you'll know you've got a good melon. Remember, cosmetic imperfections on the skin are expected...especially if it's at a regular grocery store. Thank you for excusing my produce-geek moment.
Labor signs: Nothing new. 
Happy or moody most of the time: I'm fine. It's hot. I get bored VERY easily. 
Looking forward to: Seeing BT on the ultrasound tomorrow. Understanding why my belly measured small. Knowing whether or not the dr. would like to induce early (AH!). Attempting to remember what I've read about feeding a newborn and keeping it alive. No pressure!

In other news: BT had/has the opportunity to be birthday buddies this month with quite a few of my buddies and family members. Linsley (18th), Grace (19th), James (22nd), Carrie (22nd). Joe & Brianna's anniversary is the 23rd and our fourth anniversary is the 26th. I realize BT isn't due until August, but you never know!


3 comments:

Breanna said...

I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering how you are doing! I never actually made it to 38 weeks, but can only imagine how uncomfortable you feel based on how I felt at 36 weeks. Hang in there...and ask for lots of foot rubs :)

Team Thompson said...

Foot runs are an excellent suggestion!!

The Cox Trio said...

Boo! BT missed the opportunity to share their birthday with Gracie Grace :-( Come on dude!!!