Nearly everything has been washed and stashed in the dresser or wardrobe too. We just need to hang a few more frames; the frames are waiting on pictures of baby.
Here are a few pics of the space, furniture construction and finished projects, followed by a video:
Lee, Curtis and Justin: the crib construction team.
Putting together the dresser. Word to the wise: While the Delta Springtime crib was easy to put together, pretty and didn't stink, the dresser is another story. If you're considering the the Delta Springtime dresser (from Babies R Us), reconsider a different brand. The dresser had a funky smell to it for weeks. WEEKS! I put bowls of ammonia in there, got a special room deodorizer, placed dryer sheets in the drawers, aired it out, put a fan in the room...most of the stink is gone now. The manufacturer's site, as well as review sites (which I apparently didn't read very well pre-purchase), say the smell comes from the varnish not being completely dry before it's put in the box. Also, not many of the holes were drilled in the right spot...luckily JT is handy with a drill. If it had been me putting it together, I probably would have thrown it away, cried and purchased some plastic tubs to hold all BT's clothes instead.
Applying a few wall decals. This is Justin's "fly away" bird.
Attaching arm cushions on the glider.
Putting together the wardrobe (there is no closet in this room since it's considered an office).
Changing table/dresser.
Crib corner.
Glider corner.
Wardrobe and door to the room.
Wall art. The puff balls were made by BT's Aunt Brianna for the baby shower in Grandview. I thought they were a perfect match for the room so I brought some home.
To give you a better idea of the flow of the space, here's a video!










2 comments:
I love all the decals. You didn't go overboard at all. Bummer about the piece that was such a pain to put together...oh well, once BT gets here you'll forget all about it! BTW: I'm pretty sure BT is a boy. Hope that's OK with you guys!
Oh my, could that room BE any cuter?! Adorable!
Post a Comment