Last night Justin and I met at the new place to finish unloading the truck as it was due back at the dealership early this morning. We quickly ran inside to change into our moving clothes and then ran back out move the truck into our parking area...
Let me backtrack just a hair here. The previous night while unpacking, the boys and I noted over and over how many "normal" people were walking, running, biking or pushing strollers through the neighborhood. From the first time we saw this neighborhood we thought it looked safe and normal, and we were excited about that, but we were overjoyed to see so many people out for their evening stroll!
Back to last night...
On our way into the truck, Justin and I were busy discussing the plan and where the return center was. He hopped in the cab and then leaned over to unlock my door. As I opened the door to get in, something caught my eye:
WE'D BEEN TAGGED!! After all the warm fuzzies about how great our neighborhood was, the moving truck is attacked in the night. So, now I'm in hysterics and Justin is fuming - don't get me wrong...if it were anything other than the moving truck I would have been fuming and the cops would have been called. I mean really, you just have to laugh at something like this. I posted the event as an update on Facebook last night and some people asked me if I had parked the truck in Grandview! It would go well with the motif of the grange hall at the corner of Euclid and Mountainview Road in Grandview, wouldn't it!
Can you even read that? HA! I'm still laughing about it. To take a line from my friend Amelia, "you know someone is gangster when they tag hearts on stuff."
No comments:
Post a Comment