Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mountain View: Home sweet home!

WE GOT ONE!!! Justin and I went apartment hunting for the 2nd weekend in a row and got the good news from our new manager when we were about 4 miles from ol' Coyote Valley RV (& golf!) Resort. Last weekend we got our hopes up about one in Menlo Park, but apparently it wasn't meant to be.

The one we found in Mountain View is a bit smaller than our place in Seattle, but feels giant because we're used to the motorhome. I'm over the moon about it because rent isn't too much more than an arm and a leg, and it is muuuucccchhhh closer to where I work - the 1.5 hour commute, complete with a bunch of dummies, cars on fire (I've seen 2!) and the amazingly twisted and cockeyed freeway system that makes up the South Bay area has really gotten to me...not to mention the extreme waste of gas that comes as a result of making complete stops every 45 yards for 40 miles.

Also, it's also mostly equidistant to many of the locations Justin travels to for work!!

The new place doesn't have a dishwasher, but has ample closet space (a big plus) and extra storage in our parking area. This is a junior-style apartment, meaning that the bathroom/vanity area is in the bedroom area instead of out in the hall area. That's really the only difference between a "regular" 1 bedroom apartment and this little guy.

Best of all, we think, is that we get free wireless internet. Actually, the whole of Mountain View does, compliments of Google and its creative and caring spirit. We don't have pictures to post yet, but we will soon. Here is a map of the area though - we've circled Redwood City (where I work) and Morgan Hill (where we live). The "A" indicator shows Mountain View, and we've also outlined, in yellow, Henry Coe State Park - the park we blogged about a while back.

As you can tell, it's no quick jaunt from Morgan Hill to Redwood City. Hwy 101, 85, 280 and some "lets see if this is a short cut" roads along the way have seen another side - a suppressed side, if you will - of Christine that not many see. If mom and dad were passengers in the car, I must admit I probably would have had my mouth cleaned out with soap long, long ago ;)

Now all we have to figure out is how and when to get our stuff down here from Seattle. Something we'll deal with later - right now we're celebrating!!

We get the keys on the 10th, so plan your vacations to Mountain View now, kids!

Holla!

4 comments:

MaryJane said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you guys. I'm sure you'll miss the burning car entertainment each evening, though! Love the new profile pic.

Maggie and Drew said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH! When can we come visit?? I am so happy that you guys have found a new home. Just remember, only a few special people can say "remember when we lived in a motor home?" Mountain View get ready for some Chyterboks!

Team Thompson said...

You can come as early as right now if you want!! We'd love love love to have you come visit!!

Anonymous said...

YEYEYEYEY!!! im so happy for you guys! sounds like a great place! best of luck on the move (we all know how much fun that is!)