Tuesday, April 22, 2014

B2T2 is a...

B2T2 is growing, growing, growing! I think this baby moves a lot more than Rolin did at this point in the journey. Even a month ago it was strong enough to catch me off guard with its strong kicks, pushing my shirt out with its movements.

I guess I should stop saying "it." We did find out what we're having this time:



Justin was just as eager to find out the gender this time as he was last time, so I decided to be fair and find out. I didn't want to just have the ultrasound tech tell us, unceremoniously, so I asked her to write it down so we could find out later.

Immediately after the appointment, we went to Macy's to return something. While there, I picked out a boy outfit and a girl outfit, then gave the envelope containing the gender answer to the saleswoman and asked her to ring up and wrap up the corresponding outfit.

As I walked away, she said, "Be sure to bring the baby back to visit sometime, it'd be fun to meet him! Ohh! Or her!"

Uhhh...thanks, lady.

We opened the package in the car, but not before I burst into tears, saying I wasn't sure I wanted to know, that I wasn't sure if I was ready, not sure how I'd handle and love two babies just the same as I handle and love my little Rolly bug. Pregnancy hormones are crazy, I tell ya.

During my freak-out session, Justin managed to get the package open for a peek, so he already knew once I had recovered (it was about all of 45 seconds, but still). He's the worst secret-keeper of all time, so I knew I'd find out by opening the package, or I'd find out as soon as I put the car in reverse, because Justin would just blurt out, "It's a ____!" not being able to contain himself.

I opted for the package:



As of today, I'm 26 weeks along. That means there are only about 14 weeks left. Ahh! The baby is about 9 inches long and 1.7 lbs (about the size of an eggplant). Here is a pic from when I was 22 weeks. The baby is expected to almost double in size during the month of April!

22 weeks

No comments: