Sunday, April 20, 2014

Spring Training

Justin helped coordinate a big regional conference for work, and as a thank you was gifted tickets to a spring training game. It was perfect timing because just the week before I suggested going to a game, because it wouldn't be too hot and it would be cheaper than a regular-season game.



The game was at the stadium in Peoria where both the Mariners and the Padres train; we watched the Padres vs. the White Sox.



I'm guessing this was one of Rolin's best days, as it included lots of open space for running, lots of things for climbing, lemonade, sno-cones and sunshine. I can't say we watched much of the game at all, but we had fantastic seats, the weather was great and Rolin did fabulously.


My Aunt Camille and Uncle Iver have a snowbird house near Peoria, and they volunteer at that same stadium during spring training. They had that afternoon off, but we went to their house afterward, where they treated us to fresh-picked grapefruit and tangelos, and a little wooden toy car for Rolly, in addition to familiar faces and lovely conversation.

No comments: