Guess what! We had Rolin tested and discovered he is a 0 on a scale of 0-10 allergic level to milk protein! Yahoo! Praise God!
I'm both ashamed and proud to say we chose mac n' cheese as his first milk meal. He wasn't very in to it...I think because of the noodles. The last time he ate noodles willingly was the night before he woke up with diarrhea :(
It wasn't any trouble at all to switch him from almond milk to dairy. I think he likes milk more than anything right now, especially because he's teething and not the biggest fan of chewing.
We're easing into other milk products -- he'll eat yogurt like it's going out of style, but isn't a huge cheese fan. Either way, now that he can have dairy there are many more options for meals, and we don't have to pack a meal for when we're going out to eat or we might be running errands into the lunch hour (although I still haven't stopped doing that...it's a hard habit to break).
We'd like to ask that you keep our little bug in your prayers this week as he's having surgery Friday. He's had a clogged tear duct since before he was born and it just isn't opening on it's own. We started visiting doctors and getting ready to schedule the surgery before we even heard the word Arizona, but because of the timeline and our move south, we had to start over once we got to Arizona with a new ophthalmologist.
He'll be under anesthesia for 20-30 mins and we'll get to leave the hospital the same day. It's really more of a procedure, I suppose... and I'm doing my best not to be nervous about it, even though I have a good reason to be nervous. I had the same procedure done when I was 6-months old and had to be resuscitated. So. There's that. However, I trust the doctors, and they have confidence in the anesthesiologist at the hospital.
They say he'll have a bit of a bloody nose after, but that should be the worst of it. I'm sure he'll have a nice ice cream treat after dinner Friday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment