Friday, August 28, 2009

Yea for visitors!

Hello, blog friends! We've had some visitors in town throughout the last week - it's been great to see some familiar faces and share laughs. To start off the visitor train was my friend "Jenny from Georgia." You may remember the little piece I posted on her a few months ago. She's a dear friend that I met during the semester I studied abroad in Australia. Jen was on a road trip through California with some friends from grad school and their last stop happened to be San Fran! We met up with her in San Fran on Saturday, which was really convenient because we already had plans to go to a WSU Alumni Pub Crawl in the city!
Justin and John - Go Cougs!

We had a great time at the crawl, and Jen was welcomed as an honorary Coug. I saw a gal I was in the Student Alumni Connection with and we also met up with our newlywed buddies John and Emily O'Brien. We made some new friends, too, including a barkeep who is very passionate about The Killers on his iPod. He even gave us a listen. Now we have ear cooties. We finished the night by eating at Nick's Crispy Tacos which is in a building that transforms into a night club after the sun goes down. They make a mean taco! Oh! And John and I spotted Sherry, a former co-worker, at Nick's who had just finished moving into her new SF apartment that day - she moved here from Seattle about 2 weeks ago. Can you say small world?

Jen came back to Mountain View with us that night and the next day we and I grabbed crepes at The Posh Bagel on Castro (leaving JT at home as we needed some serious girl-catch-up time!). Afterward, we headed south to do some wine tasting and site seeing because Jen mentioned they stopped at a winery -- the very first winery she'd been to -- on the way up that was in the middle of the city...no vineyards to be seen...she was a little disappointed so we helped make up for it by visiting wineries in Morgan Hill and Gilroy.


The "backyard" at Clos LaChance winery in San Martin.




Finally Jen got to be up close and personal with the grapes.

Justin is an aspiring fancy photographer :)

Her stay was too short for my liking, but I'll take it! It's not often that I get to see Jen when we live on complete opposite sides of the country...just about as far away from each other as you can get! Come back soon, Jen!

On Wednesday we met up with cousin Drew (Maggie's husband) who was in town on a business trip. We picked him up at his hotel, which was on top of the steepest hill my little Mazda has ever had to ascend, and then had a yummy dinner at Fior D'Italia over a bottle of vino at in San Francisco. It's hard to catch up on everything in a few short hours, but we most definitely enjoyed our time with Drew! Next time we'll have to make sure Maggie accompanies him on his business trip.

Who's coming next???

1 comment:

Maggie and Drew said...

I was so jealous that Drew got to go to dinner with you guys! But I am glad that it worked out and you guys had a great time. I wish we lived closer!!!! But you sure have been busy lately. Hi to Jenny from Georgia!!