Being the thoughtful person she is, Jen has always sent notes of encouragement or of congratulations; she sent flowers on my first day of my first job in Seattle, perfectly timed heartfelt notes, champagne on my birthday/honeymoon in Kauai, the following top 10 list of reasons moving to San Jose can be great...the list goes on and on. I rediscovered the top 10 list the other day while emptying out my Facebook inbox. She sent it during a time I was struggling with the move - struggling enough to post it as my status on Facebook. Reading her note again brought such a smile to my face I decided I had to share.
Enjoy!
December 2 at 2:33pm
Hey Dear! Saw the Glass Half Full/Empty status and decided to send you the top 10 reasons why Christine moving to San Jose is the most awesome move ever...
10. San Jose's sister city is Dublin which holds a special place in our hearts (be on the look-out for viking graffiti!)
9. There's a little known minor planet in an asteroid belt orbiting our sun named after San Jose. I don't know anyone else with their own planet named after them (and the 1-900 number name a star after your loved one opportunities don't count)
8. There are approximately 14 starbucks in San Jose - which gives approximately one to try a month before we find the everyday go-to-place - which will be a super fun search
7. San Jose's Hockey team has a mascot of the sharks which is a waayyyyy cooler costume for you to finagle your way into than a potato ;-)
6.The Circle of Palms Plaza is a ring of palm trees surrounding a California state seal and historical landmark at the site of the first state capitol... um I think I probably had you at PALM TREES - does it get any better than that????
5. We can make super fun governator jokes and when I come to visit and then leave, I'll turn to you and say "I'll be back" (and I"ll mean it too)
4. San Jose is 252 miles closer to Atlanta than Seattle (It's true - I google mapped it: 2441 miles vs 2693 miles - we're moving in the right direction!)
3. San Jose was founded on November 29, 1777 which is only about one month and 205 years different than your birthday which has to be a good sign (have I mentioned that 205 is my favorite number - no joke!)
2. You were ready for a career change and this is the perfect opportunity to make any change you like - people get very few opportunities to reinvent themselves
1. When you are old and gray and your kids come to you and say Mom, I'm a little nervous about making such a major life change in such a short time, you'll sit them down and tell them about how you once had to move from seattle to san jose and how the most stressful month of your life led you down the exact path that you needed for your life at that point and how every subsequent happiness and adventure of you and justin's life together started from that point forward, a true "you and me babe" all to yourselves....
Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights. ~Pauline R. Kezer
Love you dear!
-Jen

3 comments:
Yeah for Jenny from Georgia!! We had only met in person for the first time just a few days before your wedding, but she was a very helpful bridesmaid, and is a delight to be around. I am glad you met her in Australia so I could meet her in Washington. Now, maybe we can plan something to get Christine from WA, Jenny from GA and Maggie from IL to all meet up in CA!!! LOL!
That is a FABULOUS idea!!!!
Too cute! When can I come visit you in CA?... Oh wait, I have a baby and only one income... I will come someday but for now phone calls will have to do! Love you!!!
Post a Comment