I think B2T2 looks like Rolin -- in the chin area, anyway. I'm so looking forward to what this little one looks like; to see similarities and differences between my two babies will be amazing and mind blowing all at the same time.
Well, the whole concept of creating a human is pretty mind blowing, actually. It's the oldest, most natural thing that happens all over the world, every second of the day -- even animals make new animals -- and it is still such a phenomenal miracle to sit and think about.
Overall, B2T2 appears to be healthy and growing at the right pace. There is one thing that had me a little worried though. If you look closely at this picture again, perhaps you'll see it yourself.
Yes, that's the umbilical cord, "loosely" crossed around the shoulder and neck area. Now, I realize baby has another 20ish weeks of flipping, rolling and twisting to do, and that some babies are born with it wrapped up that way and are fine -- most are! You can even have a C-section if it is necessary (and that's fine by me!), but seeing this made me nervous. Then I read about things in some books and online and learned more. Well, that was a mistake.
3D pics are nice, but are they really that nice? Anyway...
I called and spoke with a nurse, who, after I had to be more or less forceful with to get her to read the results and look at the picture, told me yes, the scan results did note that the cord is loosely wrapped. She also did say that had there been any concern, the midwife or doctor would have brought it up.
That's all well and fine, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, I was concerned. I didn't want to be, I really didn't, but I let fear and anxiety take over and it was all I could think about. It was ALL I could think about. I unexpectedly burst into tears after I got of the phone with the nurse...I think I scared Rolin...but I calmed down soon enough to comfort him and tell him I was fine, just nervous about baby.
He didn't really care. He just wanted me to be quiet so he could watch "Thomas" in peace.
I shared the developments with a few friends, complaining about the crassness of the nurse. But I knew what I had to do. And I asked the friends to do the same. I prayed about it...not just to fix it, but to not think about it. I asked God to take my fears, nervousness and recurring blasts of terrible thoughts. I did not want them poking at me all day, all night and the next day again.
You know what, so far, it's worked. Thank you, Lord! Of course, it crosses my mind from time to time, but I just do my best to shake it off.
It's so easy to worry, but worry will wreck you. It has wrecked me before. That's why I don't want it this time.
Another thing that helps is I've actually been reading my "Jesus Calling" devotional...the book that's moved with me three times. It's spent time in three bathrooms, where I told myself I'd read it. I didn't. I don't really do New Year's resolutions, but you could say this year mine is to actually do a daily devotional, so the book spends time on the kitchen table now. It does get covered by one of the two high chair trays, mail or other randomness that lands on my kitchen table, so I forget about it from time to time, but, overall, I've read it more in the last two months than in the last three years.
My original intent with this post was to share today's devotional entry, so without further rambling, here it is:
March 4
REFUSE TO WORRY! In this world there will always be something enticing you to worry. That is the nature of a fallen, fractured planet: Things are not as they should be. So the temptation to be anxious is constantly with you, trying to worm its way into your mind. The best defense is continual communication with Me, richly seasoned with thanksgiving. Awareness of My Presence fills your mind with Light and Peace, leaving no room for fear. This awareness lifts you up above your circumstances, enabling you to see problems from My perspective. Live close to Me! Together we can keep with wolves of worry at bay. LUKE 12:25-25; 1 THESSALONIANS 5:16-18
Will you do something for me, readers? Will you pray for B2T2? Will you also pray for me to not worry? Like I said, it's so easy to feel worry. In fact, I think it's expected by some people that we're worried about one thing or another all the time, you know what I mean? Thank you for helping hold me accountable with this particular worry of mine, and any future worrisome events that may cross my path, spoken or unspoken.
I've decided to end this post with some new pics of life:
My big baby thinking he's a small baby.
Movie and popcorn while dad's out of town.

4 comments:
Hey, I know that bouncer! haha. I can still hummm the little song too :-). I'm guessing you won and baby's gender will remain a surprise? Killin' me.
I've started reading "Jesus Calling" in the past month, and man, has it come in handy. Isn't it amazing how fitting it is to the every day worries, fears and general thoughts we, as human beings, have? Such a great little book to remind us that He is with us every day :) Prayers and love to you all!
lreasntGreat blog. You seem to have put it together sooner than most. Eyes up, knees down and know that He is always there.
My Jesus Calling has moved to another end table rather than another state...same state of unread, sadly. First of many prayers for you on its way up!
Post a Comment