For some extra dinero, and because my employer in Cali is generous, I still work a handful of hours a week. The best part? It is alllll food related. All of it. I look for recipes, either working with the boss, my palate and/or trusty ol' Google to whip up new adaptations, cook them and photograph them.
Now, I wouldn't call myself a recipe developer or a food photographer, but I've always enjoyed cooking, and Justin enjoys his camera. We make a good team: I cook, Justin photographs. Justin has been teaching me more about the camera, as of late, so I've started snapping some of the pics myself.
You may have seen these already; I know some of you, dear readers, subscribe to the e-newsletter distributed by my employer. The e-news used to be my baby; it now belongs to someone else. I simply submit the recipes and pictures.
I don't know that I'm the boasting type, but seeing as this is my blog, and a blog is a good place to boast, if you must, I have decided to share some of the pics we've snapped. If you would like the recipes, let me know and I'll email you the links. Either that, or find the links in the e-newsletters! I'd link to them here, but that links my personal blog to work and blah, blah, blah, I just don't want to do that.
For the Cinco de Mayo issue:
Quick Avocado Salsa
Salsa Shrimp Quesadillas with Guacamole
Inspired by the Quesadillas de Camarones at El Camino in Fremont. If you live in Seattle, go have some for me. Kthxbye.
Spicy Black Bean & Zucchini Quesadillas with a Yogurt Lime Dip
Asparagus was in season:
Open-faced Asparagus and Mushroom Omelet
A shot from a fall issue:
Honey & Red Pepper Roasted Danish [acorn] Squash





No comments:
Post a Comment