We decided to leave for Grandview Friday night instead of Saturday morning so as not to disrupt Rolly's sleeping so much. The little bugger is not much of a daytime napper and if he sleeps too much during the day, bedtime turns into an UNadventure. After usual bedtime proceedings, we slipped Rolin into his car seat and took off, arriving in Grandview around 11:15 that night.
While Justin worked a bit Saturday in Yakima, Rolin entertained Grandpa and Gigi with his giggles, claps, disguises and near-crawling revs. My friend Linsley also stopped by (YAY!!) to meet Rolin and catch up.
Creepy? Yes. Hilarious? Absolutely.
Joe and Brianna came later in the afternoon. Justin and I waved hello to them as we passed off Rolin and zoomed by on my parents' new mopeds. Yes...I said moped. My parents got themselves mopeds. They're going to join a moped gang with Gary Rohde.
We scooted all around the back roads near my parents' house and then down to see the Olmsteads to grab some chocolate, a key ingredient for my Easter dinner contribution.
Good news! I didn't crash! I didn't run into the side of an RV! I didn't spook the horses we passed on the road so they didn't buck up and kick me in the head! (I saw the whole scene go down in my head as we approached the trotting horses...an irrational possibility, perhaps, but I'd like to think it's natural for a new mother to assume something awful could happen to her while separated from her child.)
!! !!
We woke Sunday to Easter baskets, butter braids and other delicious breakfast treats. After church, Rolin promptly peed through his Easter outfit, and I quickly dipped strawberries in chocolate. After we cleaned up the respective messes, we headed to the Olmsteads' house for family Easter dinner.
After dinner, we made a Harlem Shake video:
Everyone from 8-month-old Rolin, to nearly 93-year-old Nanny was involved. I LOVE IT!
We ended up staying in Grandview until Monday as Justin had to go back to Yakima for a work to-do before we could head back Spokane. I'm glad we stayed longer than anticipated (even though we planned poorly on the diaper and extra clothes front); the weather was gorgeous, and, as always, there's no place like home!

2 comments:
Oh my goodness, that video is hilarious. I love following along on your family adventures - you definitely have an amazing and funny family. I'm inspired to keep a similar log once my little guy arrives in July!
I love it too! And don't worry about clothes and diapers. There's a store down the road and your mom has a washer & dryer...you're good to go!
Post a Comment