Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fare thee well, Mazda 3

The Mazda 3 found a new home this morning.

We opted to sell the ol' ride as Justin's new position comes with a car.

The Mazda 3 was the first brand new car I ever purchased (and probably the last for a while) after I got my first "real job" in Seattle. Dad and mom helped me negotiate and work up the umph to buy the car (plus pops threw in a surprise and helped me with the down payment that day).

I remember it being one of the more mentally exhausting days of my life...I don't part easily with my cash. It makes my pit of coins too shallow for diving ;) just kidding. I'd never made such a purchase and monthly commitment before and had no idea what I was doing. It was good to have mom and dad by my side that day!

It's bittersweet to say goodbye to the Mazda 3. The car has seen Justin and me safely through many adventures, life in three different states (though two were the same), losses, wins, back roads, wrong turns, hours of traffic, late night Taco Bell runs, heart-to-heart talks and more. It was also where I preformed my best solos, passed time anxiously driving from Seattle to Aberdeen to visit Justin when he was just my boyfriend and first learned that AM radio wasn't just for old people (or does that mean I'm getting old?).

Before she made the transition this morning, the Mazda 3 sent me a goodbye email and one last beauty shot:
Bye Christine,  you were very nice to me.  I know [new owner] likes me a lot. She had my cousin who was painted black - rest his soul.  I know she will be nice to me.  Her Dad likes me too.  Maybe we'll see each other on the road someday.  I still remember the day you drove me off the lot...best day of my life.  Thank Justin for getting me out of California.  Bye Bye, love you.

Lastly, but certainly not least, a special THANK YOU goes again to my dad and mom. It was they who helped us house and advertise the sale of the car after it arrived in Washington. The Mazda 3 never made it to Spokane...we had it shipped to their house from California. Dad popped a for sale sign in the window, mom and dad each drove it to work every now and then and today dad facilitated the sale. We couldn't have done it without you two. THANK YOU!!

Bye bye, Mazda 3. We love you too!

No comments: