Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sewy McSewerson

Remember that sewing machine I received for my birthday? The one I said I'd use to monogram all of JT undies while he was at work? Well, I finally got it out of the box a few weeks ago...

Shortly after birthday time and a wicked round of the flu, I found myself with no energy. I didn't even have the energy to move said sewing machine from behind the couch to the spare room in our old place. Most of my birthday goodies sat in limbo next to our china hutch until Christmas. I found out later that was because I was building a placenta (sorry to say placenta) and a baby.

That takes an unexpected amount of energy!

Now that my energy is back, and also knowing that BT's due date is closer now than it is further away, I got started on a few projects I've had in mind, like curtains:

I also made a matching mom & daughter set of aprons for my friend Leigh Ann's baby shower:


I had to get these puppies in the mail as soon as they were done, so I didn't get a chance to take a pic of them together. Just imagine another one like this, only itty bitty. I traced a set of aprons my mom had for the two of us when I was little :)

Next up: recovering the bumpers and making a mattress cover for the baby bassinet. My dad made a bassinet for me (well, my brothers too, but I was first so really...it was for me) and they're going to let us borrow it for BT!

3 comments:

MaryJane said...

I love the aprons idea. What a great gift. And I'm really glad your folks are letting you have YOUR bassinet for BT!

Amanda said...

loving you and your craftiness! :) Aprons were adorable! :)

Maggie and Drew said...

You are such a crafty little beaver!