Thursday, May 24, 2012

30 weeks

The official countdown is in the tens now, which is good because I'm certainly getting anxious to meet little BT!

Little one seems to have been growing its muscles quite well and is getting very good at kicking and rolling with force, not unlike the way its father sleeps. It also seems to have fashioned a shiv and is particularly fond of making a sort of slicing motion every couple days in the lower left corner of my uterus. Either that or BT has some long finger or toenails. It's always in the same spot and has been going on for at least a month...this week, however, more pressure has been applied along with the swiping motion and the sensation makes me yelp "ow!" in surprise.

Overall I'm still feeling well. BT did wiggle itself into a spot that pinched a nerve in my back earlier this week, but that didn't last long. Also, the hill outside our house seems to get steeper and steeper every day...must be those pesky tectonic plates on the move again. The increasing steepness of the hill doesn't pair well with the fact that I seem to be slipping into the foretold 3rd trimester energy slump. It's not as wickedly draining as the 1st trimester, but I'm sure moving slow these days; once 4 p.m. hits I'm about spent...no matter if I've done nothing all day or spent the afternoon being active. I've been quite thankful lately for the grocery store's selection of ready-to-eat roasted chicken!


Compare this pic to me in the same shirt at 23 weeks!

In other news, BT is excited to announce the arrival of its newest friend, Adalyn Grace! Adalyn was born this morning in Mountain View, Calif., to our friends Leigh Ann and Travis. She is a precious, long-awaited blessing and we're so happy she's here! 

Adalyn's arrival is the second on the monthly "baby train" back in California. Stephany was first, in April, with baby Megan. Next up, in June, is Amanda with baby Judah, and then...me! All the babies are about a month apart :) 

Speaking of baby Judah, I forgot to add this to my arts & crafts post: 

I got the idea from my friend Suz, a buddy I met in Oz, who had a baby in January. You can write anything you want on here, like baby's size and weight or that baby is "taking its first bath," etc., and prop it up next to baby for a documentation picture. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

These sweet babies are growing like crazy inside of us! :) Love my chalk board..its so cute and sweet! :) I received my chalk today..fyi ;) Your bump is so cute!! I can't wait to see BT!