There is still much to do and organize, but I'd say it's coming along. I've found creative ways to transport heavy boxes and items without too much straining...I'm trying to be a good pregnant person...but there are some things that just have to wait for Justin (like lifting the box of our weight sets off the mantle -- that box was a surprise even for JT).
All the boxes are still in our abode because removal is a perk of the moving service. Well, what they didn't tell us (or we just didn't hear them say) was nothing other than other boxes and packing paper is allowed in the boxes. Nothing. Not even a scrap of plastic here or there.
Oops.
Over the course of the month, we've made several purchases, purged ourselves of unnecessary goods and even used a box as a garbage can in the bathroom until we unpacked the actual bathroom garbage can -- all of which adds up to a lot of garbage and scraps mixed in with the packing paper.
Soooo...we have to go through them ALL. I made a good dent yesterday with the boxes on the ground. I even managed to consolidate much of the packing paper and flatten more of the boxes as I went. Yea me!
The boxes have become a norm in our living space. We maneuver around the boxes, use the boxes as shelves, use the boxes as craft tables, lean on the boxes for a quick break...you get the point.
Why yes, I always sew with a large picture of the Thompsons nearby ;) Just kidding, we're finally getting around to unpacking all our frames.
No comments:
Post a Comment