Friday, March 30, 2012

Convertible Cribs

Justin and I have been looking at cribs. White cribs, small cribs, brown cribs, fancy cribs, blond cribs; 4-way convertible cribs, regular ol' plain cribs...there are many from which to choose.

We've narrowed it down to a white convertible crib, but have yet to make a final decision...we've had a few other decisions to make in the last month. You understand.

The convertible crib is a nice idea -- it can change from crib to toddler bed, from toddler bed to a "big kid" bed and from "big kid" bed to to a full-size bed; complete with headboard and footboard.

Justin and I have had several giggle fests about what it would be like for future BT to bring home his/her college sweetheart and for BT to show said sweetheart it's childhood room...

Imagine with us, if you will, future BT saying, "See these teething marks along the headboard and footboard? I did that. This used to be my crib. And these over here? They're from my older sibling(s?). Also, this is where I drew on the crib with a permanent marker...mom hasn't been able to bring herself to clean it off or paint over it because she thinks it's 'cute,' and dad won't sand it down because it's 'nostalgic.' Since I'm the youngest, I got to see the crib through to its full conversion. Yea."

I'm hoping to create or invest in some teething protectors when the time comes, just to save future BTs the embarrassment of 25-year-old teething marks on their full-size bed.

2 comments:

MaryJane said...

I am laughing so hard. Poor future BT!

The Cox Trio said...

I think the whole idea of convertable cribs is a farse. As much as I've tried both my kids have gone all bucky beaver on their cribs. Good luck!