No matter who makes it at our house, this is a quick, yummy and filling stew that I've been eating for lunch all week! When I saute the onions and turkey, I also add in a diced poblano or other pepper to give it a bit of heat. I also use about 10 small (baby) red potatoes, halved, instead of 3 Russets, although I'm sure Russets would be fine.
When served, I top it with a sprinkling of grated cheese and fresh-snipped chives. For lunch today I stirred in some diced (homegrown!) tomato I had left over for a fresh twist. Zucchini or bell peppers may be a welcome addition, if you can eat bell peppers, that is. I cannot.
I see this stew being a regular for Team Thompson. I also see future, over-indulgent Christine adding on some sour cream, black olives and perhaps some Fritos. Tisk, tisk.
Go get your crock pot!
Click the picture for a better look.

No comments:
Post a Comment