However, just this last Wednesday while at work, I noticed part of my nail was rough around the edges. I thought I’d help round it out using my fine-tuned nail biting tooth. Before I knew it, the nail was gone. Then, within minutes, two more disappeared.
I was not happy with myself. Especially because they’re tender now…they’d been grown out long enough that my fingers had become accustomed to having more of a layer of protection at the tips.
I’m ashamed.I’m even more ashamed as I write this because, as I was preparing pictures for this post, I noticed that the middle finger nail on my right hand has suffered the same fate. When this happened, I don’t know.
Here are pictures of my most recent work. I call them "Digits of Shame." I’d like to point out that the ring finger of my right hand has a shorter nail because I filed it down after it chipped. I used an actual file! My thumb nails never really came along – I know I bite them during work, especially on Tuesdays and Wednesdays before my newsletter goes out.Ah ha! It’s the newsletter’s fault. The newsletter made me do it.
PS - If you have an iPhone, you should download the Retro Camera app. It's awesome. These pics were taken using the FudgeCan option.


1 comment:
I think you're doing awesome. Keep up the good work. I usually have pretty good nails, but my thumbs are always the worst. I can't figure out why. I usually only notice them when I try to text.
Post a Comment