Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ticker update III

Dad's surgery is scheduled for next Thursday. Thankfully, my employer is letting me go to WA where I can work from hospital/home so I can be with the fam. I couldn't be more grateful for that. I'll head to WA Wednesday night.

Dad is in pretty good spirits, which is very nice. The doctor preforming the surgery will be the same one who worked on mom, so that brings us a lot of comfort, too! I'm not sure how long I'll stay in WA...JT and I are working on those details now.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts and prayers, blog readers!

One other event to note...My hometown area suffered the loss of three people to a horrible house fire earlier this week. One was the dad of my friend Steven, who we lost last October. I have yet to write about that, not sure I will. I grew up with Steven. His mom was my 4th grade teacher. He helped with our soccer team. He visited me in college. I visited him in Seattle.
He was with me when I threw out a first pitch dressed as a potato. He held regular BBQs at his house on Alki. He came to my wedding. I have one of his drawings hanging on my dining room wall. My heart aches his family as they now work through this loss.

Please keep the families of those lost in your prayers, too.

1 comment:

Maggie and Drew said...

So sorry to hear about Steven's dad. Hope you have a safe trip back home to WA.