This post is dedicated to my wonderful friends - those of you who called, texted, prayed and took me out to dinner after the Epic Meltdown post.
I didn't write the meltdown post expecting to hear from anyone - it was more or less something I wrote to get it off my chest so I'd stop turning bright red just thinking about what happened - but within two days I heard from some of the most important people in my life, and feel so lucky to call them my friends. I can't seem to find words or phrases great enough to express how thankful and cared for you all made me feel!
Mom and I talked a bit about what happened when they came to visit. The topic didn't come up because she'd read about it (she hadn't yet), but because she was feeling the same way I was and had a similar experience the same day I did. We were both pretty blown away having learned that, and were grateful to find out we weren't alone in our feelings!
My boss lost his wife a few years ago and he knows about Matt. Though the people we lost played didn't play the same roles in our lives, there is an understanding we have about the feelings that can overwhelm a person and we've have had several chats about the effects of loss. I mentioned to him in passing a week ago that I've felt funny for about a month and he said he had too, and hadn't been able to figure out why.
I think we were both ready to chalk it up to a little "seasonal depression" and wait for it to blow over until we talked to each other. We talked about how odd it is when it hits you, and how when it hits you feel sheepish and broken. We also talked about the power of prayer and friendship, which again made me so thankful for all of you!
I don't mean to get all gushy gushy, I'll be done with the gushy gushy for now and leave you with this. Thank you for being my friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment