Were you a musical or otherwise talented child (or did your parents think you were)? Well, both Justin and I were involved in music as youngsters, and I was also in baton and attempted various sports. Both of us, when younger, were conned into preforming for family and visitors who would come for the weekend. Grandparents, aunts & uncles, foreign exchange students, 2nd cousins, mom's college roommates, Justin's dad's friend from Japan whom he met during his master's program at Central...all of them had to sit through a piano recital, baton performance, guitar solo or softball pitch. I'm sure they're all still talking about the talented "Emerson kid" and "Thompson kid."
I was thinking today that I'd con Justin into putting on an embarassing recital for my parents and Joe when they're here. He's getting pretty good at Jailbreak by Thin Lizzy on Guitar Hero ;) Just kidding, honey!We're looking forward to the Emersons' visit!!!
4 comments:
That will be such a fun visit! And, for the record, I have very fond childhood memories of your baton performances. I was always so jealous of you walking in the parade in your sparkly costume. You always looked like you were having a great time! But, I don't think JT would have as much fun with the recital if you made him wear sequins.
I don't know, I think the sequins are a cool idea! I love that your fam is coming down.
Oh fun! Enjoy the pants off your time with them. I really want to make another trip down to see you before baby #2 arrives... Pretty sure with two under two I'll be anchored to my house for a LONG time!
DO IT, Sarah!! And if you do, I'll blog about it...I just couldn't find an easy way to blog about your last trip and I know you understand why, though I still feel bad about it :(
Post a Comment