Monday, October 5, 2009

Kann ich ein Bier haben?

We cheated big time on Friday...but I guess you could say knowing what was happening Friday was a reason we did salad week.

We went to Oktoberfest by the Bay in San Francisco! My boss invited Justin and me as his guests on the Spaten-sponsored bus with our store sales rep. We were all given Spaten beer mugs on the bus and got special access to the Spaten VIP area once we were inside the event arena.

It wasn't only the special Oktober brews we were given for free with our VIP pass, but Spaten had an entire buffet for us, complete with schnitzel, sausages, sauerkraut, ribs, salads, rolls and strudel! Ohhh man. Talk about a treat after salad week. This is a fuzzy picture, but you can just see how happy JT was with mug o' brew and a plate full of schnitzel. You know he's happy when his eyes are just about closed!
JT at SF's Oktoberfest (please excuse Miss well-endowed in the background)

After dinner, we walked the grounds to take in the sights. There were balloon artists making hats that looked like foaming mugs of brew, plenty of participants wearing traditional lederhosen and tracht, a German-style brass band and, of course, Polka dancers! I'm not sure John Denver conjures up sweet memories of Oktoberfests past, but I think they sang, "Take me home, country roads" at least 3 times - could be because we all know the words to that one! Can't quite figure out the connection.

We had a great time and it was nice to hang out with some co-workers outside the biz.


2 comments:

Maggie and Drew said...

I am very impressed that you had such a cultural experience! Now I know just what to get JT for Christmas...lederhosen!

Team Thompson said...

LOL!!!!