Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wedding Weekend Recap

We had an absolute blast in Illinois for Andrew & Alexis's wedding!! I knew going into it that the time there would fly by, but I'm still sad about how fast our trip seemed to go! It's already been a week since I had my bag packed and was praying for the last 24 hrs before my flight to go by in the blink of an eye!

Speaking of flights, we had some interesting ones. We started our trip 1.5 hrs later than planned to begin with, which really wasn't too bad. Once we got through security, Justin realized he left his 'personal' cell phone in the car...I was nervous that he'd be bummed all weekend because Justin treats his cell phones like lovers, but he quickly recovered and decided he could do with just his work phone. Whew :) (you know I love you honey!).


Did you know that they actually do give out hot towels in first class? Well they do, and they also provide entire meals, free drinks, warm cookies, blankets and anything you feel you should need during your flight. Why am I telling you this...well, I was lucky enough to land a first class ticket for both the to and from flights! We used some points that were graciously given to us and that combined with whatever Justin did while making the reservations ended up in a first class ticket in my name and a coach ticket in JT's name :( I offered to trade, but being the awesome hubby JT is, he insisted that I keep first class ticket for both flights. More on the second exciting flight below...


We headed to Aunt Kathy and Uncle Lou's house after we landed to see the fam - it was a great reunion full of hundreds of hugs - I hadn't seen anyone in so long! Back at "Hotel Chyterbok" we stayed up gabbing for a few hours and the boys stayed up even later than the girls! Saturday morning greeted us early!
Oh yeah -- we say Mike Tyson at O'Hare!! Ha!

I'll just provide a quick overview of the weekend, because if you're anything like me, the pictures are more exciting than text!

Friday:
• Coffee and baby-playing time with Sarah, Benjamin and baby Hayden Rabe at Hotel Chyterbok

• Breakfast with Mags, Drew and Joe at a new cafe in Palatine

• Maggie & Chris = pedicures with the bridal party

• Boys went to Cabelas and drove back and forth from Crystal Lake to Palatine about 3 times

• Wedding party members went to rehearsal & dinner, others went to dinner in Crystal Lake at a great Italian restaurant

• Joined the wedding party at Finn McCool's for some pre-wedding fun
• Back to Hotel Chyterbok for wedding night beauty sleep
Pedicure time
While some peeps went to rehearsal, we went to our own dinner! Left: Laura, Noni, Patsy, Uncle Don, Aunt Barbara, Uncle Robert, Aunt Carol. (Rounding the table at the end, coming up the right): Dad, Mary Jane, Mom, Francie, Jill, me, Justin. (Picture taker: Rob - Laura's fiance!)
Mom and dad
Rob & Laura (they're getting married in May!)
Joe and Brandon
Groom Andrew and me

Saturday:
• Brekkie with some of the wedding party at Around the Clock in Crystal Lake

• Got ready for the big day at the Rabes: curled little girls hair, did some last minute ironing, cut up salami and cheese for post-wedding snacks, etc
• 3:30 pm = Wedding time! Ceremony at Ridgefield-Crystal Lake Presbyterian Church

• Check into the hotel in Buffalo Grove

• Headed to reception at Seasons of Long Grove

• Boogied into the night
• Watched my little cousins shake it on the dance floor like professional dancers - they have some moves! Go Syd & Lexi!
• Attended after party at the tavern down the street
Married! It was a gorgeous ceremony!
The first dance as Mr. & Mrs. Rabe!
The fam bam!
I just love Miss Maggie
Dance DanceCLASSIC - Justin was so overcome with well wishes for the newlyweds he couldn't keep his eyes
open
Team Thompson
Sunday:
• Got to the airport SUPER early
• Got on the plane, fell asleep before take off

• Woke up to hear the pilot saying there was a malfunction and we were turning around (eek!)

Got off the airplane, boarded another one (turns out there was a problem with the slats on the wings)

• Landed safely in CA, stopped at Jack in the Box on the way home, crashed for the night!


Special thanks to Mary Jane and Julie for sending around some of pictures - I used some in this post, as I'm sure you noticed!

1 comment:

MaryJane said...

What a great recap. It was such a fun weekend, and so fun to see you and Justin. On to May & July for more wedding fun.