We've been busy with long work days, but last Saturday we headed down to Watsonville to go to Gizdich Ranch and do some possible pumpkin picking. Gizdich Ranch provides berries and heirloom apples to the market I work for and they also run a apple picking, apple pressing and pie eating operation during the fall. While apple picking isn't exactly something I'd call fun (you wouldn't either if you grew up in an apple orchard - it's more like work than an adventure), we bought some apples and fresh pressed juice, ate a slice of delicious homemade pie and met Farmer Vince.

Sunday we went to church and then met up with a couple in San Carlos for the 13th Annual Art & Wine Faire. The boys smoked cigars while the ladies enjoyed frozen yogurt with the most amazing assortment of toppings around! We're glad it didn't rain on Sunday like it did yesterday (Tuesday)!It doesn't rain too much down on the peninsula. In fact, the slogan for the city in which I work is, "Climate Best by Government Test!" Turns out though that when the weather man says there is a tropical typhoon headed our way, they really do mean typhoon. I didn't believe it until it hit...not even the email from the city about free sandbags made me believe the strongest October storm since 1962 was headed our way. I've seen it rain hard in Seattle, but the I've never seen it rain like this. The only other place where it came down so hard was in Australia, where you'd think the ground was shooting rain up while it was also pouring out of the sky! The storm has lightened up today, but many places are dealing with flooding and leaks!
1 comment:
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW!!!! Glad to hear you stayed dry, but I am afraid it won't be any nicer in Chicago. Pack your coats, it is a chilly 45here right now.
Post a Comment