This morning we got up to enjoy coffee and blueberry pancakes before our pre-planned hike at Monte Bello preserve, but before we got to the kitchen, I tripped on a shoe hiding in a pile of laundry near the hamper. Not that tripping is any surprise for those of you who know how graceful and well-balanced I am, and I've had my share of stubbed toes, but when I heard the pop, tears popped out of my eyes at the same time, I knew this was a little worse than a stubbed extremity.
I iced it as we ate and we decided to wait a few hours for our outdoor excursion to see what the toe felt and looked like later. I can't say I was pain free, but it wasn't too bad after nice ice bath, so we decided to see what a hike would feel like.
Knowing that there isn't much you can do for a broken toe but tape it to its neighbor, I did just that with a bandaid because we were fresh out of athletic tape.
The hike was fun, longer than our normal route, and the weather was a nice 70 degrees. Justin has a fancy sunburn on his arms from the lack of sleeves on his awesome Iron Maiden shirt, and though the toe was a bit tender, I thought, "Hey! this thing isn't feeling so bad!"
We got home, finally made our 4th of July dinner (burgers, grilled corn on the cob and potato salad!), and settled in for the night on the couch and some Pirates of the Caribbean when I decided to take off my shoe for a looksie.
What Justin mistook for a the bandaid was actually the steller bruise and swollen second toe on my left foot.I swear my left leg/foot is cursed. Either that or it just hates me. I believe that if I weren't blessed with a second toe that dangles longer than the rest, including Mr. Big toe, this wouldn't have happened :) Oh well. Here's hoping though it heals up in 2 weeks so I can wear my fun new heels to the wedding!
1 comment:
OUCH!! That looks like it really hurts. Use lots of ice!!
Post a Comment