Work is nuts for both of us, and to top it off, my boss is getting ready for his August wedding. Being the newlywed I am, I know that weddings do take a lot of prep, not to mention mental strain plus all the work that must be necessary to move your fiance across the country, plan an out-of-state wedding, sell your house, find a new house, find a school for your to-be stepson, etc. etc. etc. We're trying to cram a summer's worth of articles, newsletters and other marketing mumbojumbo into 4 weeks instead of 3 months. Should be fun.
Secondly, last Saturday (June 13) was my parents' 28th wedding anniversary!
Congrats you two crazy kids!Also on the 13th, Justin and I picked up my cousin Carrie from SFO as she was in town for the day with a friend to pick up the friend's dad's motorhome and drive it back to Washington. Funny story, real quick. So Carrie's flight was set to land at 8:29 a.m. and at about 8:15 a.m. I received what I expected to be a call from Carrie saying the plane landed early. Instead, it was my Uncle Lou Rabe...make that Captain Lou Rabe from the grand state of Illinois (Lou is Maggie's dad, for all you TeamThompson enthusiasts). He just so happened to have landed in San Fran on a flight he was piloting from Calgary, Canada before take off on another flight departing for Reno! HA!
He asked for Carrie's flight deats and then planned to surprise her at the gate. Because no one is allowed to meet anyone at the gate anymore (those are some of my favorite travel memories, I'll have you know), Carrie was quite surprised - after she blinked twice, shook her head, and whispered to herself, "nah, that can't be Uncle Lou" - to discover it actually was! He walked Carrie out to meet us and we had a mini Washington-California-Illinois reunion at the departures platform!
Unfortch I was charging my camera battery at home so we weren't able to snap a picture. Next time!
We were lucky to get to spend some time with Carrie and show her what we call home. After lunch in Redwood City we met Carrie's daughter Courtney and Carrie's friend in Emeryville before we parted ways.
On Sunday, just as we were getting ready to catch some Zzs, Justin got a text picture from his brother Curtis. The picture was a tad un-nerving as we weren't sure who it belonged to.
---- Fair Warning ---- if you're easily queezed, scroll past the pic quickly ----

Turns out it was his dad's and it's a result of a mountain biking trip gone wrong. Poor Lee - one of the most fierce mountain bikers known to man - took a tumble while biking near Montesano's Lake Sylvia and busted his colarbone. Luckily Curtis was biking alongside his pop that day and was able to assist in getting Lee home.
Yes, note I wrote home and not the ER.
It took an hour or so of convincing from both Karen and Curtis for Lee to go to the ER where they discovered it wasn't just a scratch.
Get well soon, Lee!! And PLEASE promise us you'll take it easy. We'll need your buff shoulder power to help us when we move again, whenever that may be :) JT and I suggested to Curtis that he get you a back-wheel lift for your bike so you can ride it stationary-style in the basement. We also suggested that Curtis set up a fan so you'll still have the wind in your hair, and that he also wack you with tree branches and toss mud your way from time to time so you don't forget what it's like to ride outside. You can thank us for that later :)
Also, my daddy-o was mentioned in last week's issue of the Grandview Herald in the "Backwards Glance" column (actually penned by my Aunt Barbara). As the column reads, 25 years ago last week, my dad was instated as the new ag rep for Old National Bank!
Lastly, JT and I confirmed our travel plans for our trip home in July!!! Our friends Ryan and Selena are getting married July 18 and as JT is in the wedding party, we decided to make a longer trip up. We'll arrive in Aberdeen July 11 (if all goes according to plan), will head to Grandview July 12-15 and then back to Tacoma/Olympia/Aberdeen for the remainder of our stay. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. I miss home. 26 days and counting!!
2 comments:
I'm soooo looking forward to seeing you soon! Anne and I are planning a trip to Vegas at the end of June and it looks like lots of connecting flights go through SFO. Think you might be interested in a quick visit on a Sunday afternoon/evening?! :-)
You bet I would!! Just name the time and place!
Post a Comment