Easter is almost here...I can't believe how fast the last few months have gone. Thinking back to a year ago, I was in a panic about invitations, stamps (the bane of my existence at that point), bridesmaid shoes, seating arrangements and my fake-and-bake tan that wasn't exactly coming along. Is that a surprise to anyone...? Haha!
Two Easters ago Justin and I had our own Easter celebration at his little studio in Shoreline, complete with a mini ham, Nanny's potatoes, a fun fruit salad and an Easter egg hunt. Let's just say I'm a good egg hider and leave it at that! Well, I'm also one of the best egg hunters around, 2nd runner up to my cousin Carrie who carried the title of winner in her family for many consecutive years, too! The trick is to be the first one awake - nice and early - beg the Easter bunny to get his egg-hidin' tail out the door, and then run around and wake everyone up, demanding they arise upon request. That way, everyone is still groggy and grumpy when it comes time for the hunt. It works every time. But I digress...
This year I'm going to make my mom's "hockey pucks" for breakfast. For the Easter meal after church we'll have a wee bitty ham, Nanny's potatoes and something else...I haven't decided on what else to serve yet - any ideas for me? Is there something that is always served at your Easter meal that isn't at other holiday feasts? I need some ideas.
We actually hesitated when deciding on ham as the main course because of the massive amounts we had on our honeymoon... It's kind of a long story, but because JT loves it, we got a ham and cut up a yummy, fresh pineapple to go with it for dinner on one of the first nights of our honeymoon. Our intent was to have some left over for sandwiches or as a compliment for cheese & cracker snacks. Not being a ham connoisseur, I bought 2 hams. Apparently that is a lot of ham.
We had ham - heaps of ham - left over. We had ham sandwiches, eggs and ham, ham and crackers, grilled ham steaks. Eventually we threw it out. Bleh. We haven't had ham since.
Here are some fun pics from Easters past. See...I still hunt eggs...I can't believe I hadn't already put that pink one in my basket (can you see it?).

No comments:
Post a Comment