Delicious Chicken Salad
- 3 cups canned or cooked and diced/shredded chicken (I used two small b/s breasts and one (12.5 oz) can of chicken because that's what I had on hand.)
- Onion powder
- Dried tarragon (if you have fresh, great!)
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pecans or cashews, optional (I used cashews because I think they're easier to chew; smooth, if you will. They were also the least expensive in the bulk section.)
Directions:
- If using fresh chicken breasts, poach them in water seasoned with a few shakes of both onion powder and tarragon. You can use half a fresh onion if you don't have the powder, simply boil it right along with the chicken. When the chicken is cooked through, remove and let cool a bit, then shred using two forks.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, mayo, grapes, green onion, celery, apple, salt, pepper, nuts and a little tarragon (a little goes a long way). Combine until well blended.
- Serve on rolls, bread or croissants. This can also be served on a lettuce leaf as a salad or eaten with Wheat Thins as a mid-afternoon snack.

No comments:
Post a Comment