Monday, June 13, 2011

30 years!

Happy 30th anniversary to my parents!

They've had an adventurous 30 years, and this last weekend was one of the more thrilling/terrifying ones yet, I'm sure. The motorhome's towcar had a blowout on the road coming back from Pomeroy (for my dad's 45th high school reunion!). They stopped on a hill to access the situation when they saw smoke rising from a wheat field about a quarter mile back...then they realized the sparks from the wheels STARTED A FIRE! They couldn't get a hold of 911 (still a mystery) but, thanks to smartphone technology, they were able to Google a nearby police/fire department and get that fire OUT. Whew!

Never a dull moment with those two. I'm happy to report though that the motorhome/our first home in California is safe. The towcar, however, didn't fair as well and needs some repair. I'm just happy mom and dad are ok and didn't start "the great Palouse fire of 2011."

Happy 30th, you two. You're an inspiration and a great example of a loving, dedicated and faithful couple.

1 comment:

Maggie and Drew said...

Happy Anniversary Aunt Ginger and Uncle L.J!! I'm glad they are OK after such a scary encounter.