Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Royal Affair

I forgot to mention this, you know, a month or more ago.

I got up early...super early...to watch the wedding. THE Royal Wedding. My friend Heather and came over for tea and scones -- proper English wedding fare, I'm sure -- and enjoyed the festivities. I brought out my cream and sugar set as well as some of the doilies and fun coffee/tea-time dishes Justin and I received as a wedding gifts.

I've always had a little crush on Prince William...ok, ok, it hasn't always been so little, especially when I was about 14. Every time I'd come home from somewhere and ask if anyone had called, my dad would always tease me by saying Prince William had called.

I'm glad I got up to watch -- and I'm also glad I had the company of friends who wanted to watch with me, whether it be on my couch or on their own -- we exchanged a few calls and texts with others watching elsewhere to comment on various happenings and the dress unveiling. The couple looked so happy, as most do on their wedding day, and who doesn't love the idea of a prince marrying his princess!

Plus, I love the moments I get to think about my trip to London with my friend Jen to visit her sister, Carla!
I was so happy to be in London, I couldn't keep my eyes open!
Jen and me after our tour of the Tower of London. Not a good day to wear fancy shoes. That's another story for another time.
Me in front of Buckingham Palace. That balcony right behind me is where the Duke and Dutchess of Cambridge locked lips in front of a roaring crowd of wedding celebrators.

1 comment:

Maggie and Drew said...

What a fun idea! I want hats or "fascinators" to be in style so I can have an excuse to wear one. Cherr-i-o!!!