Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day!

When my brothers and I were little, we'd always clip flowers from our parents' yard, stuff them into little paper bouquet holders, and run around the neighborhood making our sneaky deliveries for May Day. We were careful not to get caught, for fear one of them would try to kiss us...I think we were able to go about our business without getting caught for years!

May Day used to be a bigger event, back in the day, I understand. I faintly remember a story and a black & white picture of Nanny all dressed up and hoping around a May Pole during a Prosser, Wash. May Day celebration. The festival was complete with May Day royalty and everything...I think I should give her a call more details on that...

I wish I were closer to old neighbors, family and friends right now so I sneakily drop off small bouquets to ring in May Day, but we'll have to settle for this picture instead.


Happy May Day, everyone!

No comments: