Firstly, If I were to make a bumper sticker, it would read, "Use your blinker, please!"
Well, since we're being honest, it would really say, "Use your $(@%)! blinker, jerk!" and I would pass them out everywhere. Blinkers are there for a reason, not to simply pimp your ride. If you're not going to use your blinkers to let other drivers know what you intend to do, at least use it to show others what you're doing as you do it. I'm sure this can save lives, or at least the sanity of others.

Secondly, large retail store that shall go unnamed, believe it or not, I'm old enough to drive myself to your store, to park in your parking lot and to get inside to collect the items I need with the aid of your helpful banners highlighting the different departments. I've been going to various shopping centers and stores for 26 years now and I've never found the check-out process to be beyond my comprehension. I thought the light on above the register indicated that the lane was open. I also figured a line of customers or a cashier standing behind the register indicated the lane was open. Does someone really need to stand near the check out area all day long with a super-hyped walkie talkie to intercept shoppers and tell them which lines are open or direct them to the customer service desk? If the customer service desk isn't seeing much action, can't one of the four reps simply come over and open another check-out stand?

I can't tell you one time I saw a shopper stop in their tracks, wander aimlessly and ask for help as to how to proceed to, or even through, the check-out setup. I appreciate what they're doing, but I don't think I need help picking a lane - especially when I'm just mere steps away from my lane of choice. The other day an over-eager line assigner assumed I was done shopping, stepped in front of me and pointed me towards a line -- my intentions were to go to the purse section. It took a sec to realize what was happening, especially when she told me to go over to the customer service counter for assistance. I thought I had done something wrong.
Lastly, if you're going to create an ad, be it for TV, radio, print, etc., and it begins by stating: "Rule No. 1. Don't wait for anything," then don't leave me hanging for rule No. 2. If you only have one rule, perhaps you could rephrase by saying, "I have only one rule..."
That's all :)
1 comment:
I once had a bus driver tell me the only thing I know for sure when I see a blinker is that the blinker works! Words to live by!
Post a Comment