Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday!

I've been showing beginning signs of stir-craziness over the last few days, and to be honest, a little discouraged about the employment outlook. I decided to get out and see what lies outside a 3 square mile parameter of the hotel today and enjoy some sun. On my way out the door I actually got a call from a possible employer and now have an interview for next Tuesday! A wee light at the end of the tunnel!

After a stop at a Gilroy Starbucks to ask about openings, I drove east to the outskirts of Morgan Hill toward Henry W. Coe State Park, and snapped a few pics with my phone along the way:


























































Out of fear that I may run out of gas, run into a deer or run into a crazy in the woods and just happen to be out of cell service (not a rare occurrence, might I add), I turned around before I reached the park - plus, I wanted to go out there with Justin so he could see it too.

When I got back to the hotel, happy that I got out for a bit, didn't run out of gas (or into a deer or a crazy) and still excited about the interview call, I turned on the TV only to see this:
















I know, I know. I'm trying to look at the glass half full. I'm trying to keep my chin up. I'm trying to remember it's only been 2 weeks.

Sometimes it's just difficult. Maybe I should have just stayed outside ;) The sun makes everything look positive!

1 comment:

The Cox Trio said...

What company is the interview with? Hope it works out!