Sunday, June 8, 2014

30-33 Weeks with B2T2

Down to 10 weeks to go by the time I snapped this shot. I remember when I received this dress, I tried it on and it was too big in places. Now it fits just about right. Goodness.

30 weeks

I'm still feeling pretty good. I definitely have more Braxton Hicks contractions this time. Some days more than others. My appetite ebbs and flows. I don't crave anything particular, other than food in general. I'm still more of a salty/savory foods fan vs. sweet, though if you told me there was a fun-size pack of M&Ms left in our HP (the "Harry Potter" closet under the stairs), I bet I could sniff it out in about eight seconds, devour it in about three seconds. Hey, they're small bags.

As for beverages, water. Just water, with lots of ice.

There are days when my ankles are much more swollen than others, but that depends on how much standing I do or how often we go outside. I'm very thankful our neighborhood has a community pool, and so is Rolin. He LOVES the pool. LOVES IT!

As I write this post, I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant. AH! People, that means just about 7 weeks to go. AH!

33 weeks. B2T2 is about 4.5 lbs, 19 in. (about the size of a honeydew)


There are days where I'm proud/embarrassed/impressed/ashamed/surprised by how much I eat. But the funny thing is I don't even realize I ate as much as I did until heartburn comes a'knockin' -- and it knocks hard. It knocks hardest as soon as I've settled into bed with the equivalent of about 78 pillows (it's my hips, guys, they hurt so bad). If B2T2 doesn't have much hair when he is born, I'm going to write strongly worded letters to all the old wives to ask they stop telling such crazy tales relating baby's hair to heartburn.

On a hormonal note, this week I've also become a bit emotional about Rolin not being my one and only. He's become so much more aware and vocal and smart and funny and he remembers things even I don't. He's also started to become a little more of a snuggler, which he definitely is not on a regular basis. It's like he knows he's down to the last few weeks of it just being Rolin, mom and dad. I have all the (from what I've gathered from others) normal mom fears: how will this work with two, will I love them both equally, am I going to turn into a screaming machine... I'm excited for two babies, but Rolin's world is going to be rocked. I guess, overall, I just hope he doesn't become a little shit (excuse me) and start hating mom and dad because we have another little one in the house. I don't think he will, but there is no knowing until we're in the thick of it.

He does "know" there is a baby brewing. He says hello to baby, pats my tummy, kisses my tummy...but it only lasts a few seconds before he pulls my shirt back down and says, "Bye, Baby!" He did, however, want B2T2 to watch TV with him the other day, so he pulled my shirt up so baby could see too:

Rolly and B2T2 watching TV.

I think the reason all these thoughts have been flooding my mind is because last week we toured the hospital where I'll deliver. I've also started washing newborn and 0-3 mo. clothes (and when I say wash, I mean wash, dry and throw into the crib in the baby's room...putting away will happen another day). Also, Rolly moved to a big boy bed almost two months ago (the transition went great!), so I've been slowly converting his old room back to a room for a newborn (read: Justin raised the crib back up).

Lastly, dear readers, other than getting "ready," wrapping up some work stuff and doing my best to tell myself that 109F isn't that hot, I have a goal of posting several more blog posts before baby comes...posts that will cover the last few months, including our trip to the Grand Canyon, Easter and our two-week trip to Washington and Oregon. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

MaryJane said...

Love, love, love the picture of Dolly and B2T2 watching TV together!