Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Craft

"Thanks to Pinterest, I looked like a town crazy as I walked home from the park with the stroller undercarriage overflowing with sticks, pine cones and leaves. Hopefully the craft turns out well!"

That was my Facebook post a few weeks ago. More people than I expected were interested in seeing the final product, so without further adieu, behold:



This is how you can make one yourself: 

Step 1: Find a nearby park full of Oaks. Do not complete a lap around said park without stopping to pick up acorns or their caps. Repeat over the course of a few days, always thinking the next cap is better than the previous. Silently tell yourself you're pretty awesome for finding some rare and elusive twin acorn caps. Pick up some sticks and twigs along the way also. Be prepared with a way to transport your trove of treasures home; a stroller works well. 


Step 2: Make sure the boss is asleep.

Step 3: Make sure you have the instructions handy. Turns out this was not a Pinterest project after all! After thoroughly searching my Pinterest boards, I remembered I'd seen it in a Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine, not Pinterest. 

Step 4: Arrange all necessary materials in neat little piles, then take a picture.




Step 4: Begin gluing PomPoms into acorn caps. Remember, hot glue is hot. If you touch the molten glue soon after it's dispensed from the gun, you WILL burn your finger. Smooth.

Step 5: Make sure the boss is either still asleep, or has at least found something educational to read.

Step 6: Glue the PomPomed acorns to the branches. Add a leaf, if you are so inclined. Notice your wine rack is looking dismal. If you're of age, make a mental note to do something about that.


Step 7: Step back and admire your work! 


No comments: