Sunday, November 7, 2010

We're Golden

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes, calls, cards, gifts and love. This year marked my golden birthday, meaning I turned 28 on the 28th -- an event I've been looking forward to for some 20 odd years now. Fun fact: Justin and I both celebrated our golden birthdays this year...his was in May!

Justin made birthday breakfast, decorating in all things gold to start the day. I bumped up some of my meetings so I could leave work a bit early as Justin had plans to get us to an undisclosed location for birthday dinner, which meant leaving in plenty of time so we'd miss traffic.
A Golden Birthday Breakfast

We headed west and ended up in Half Moon Bay for dinner at the Moss Beach Distillery. I've heard about this place from a few co-workers who've enjoyed the restaurant's great menu and outdoor seating around the fire pits where you can watch the sunset. I love sunsets and I love great food, so Justin's pick was perfect! If you ever go, you must try the fried artichoke hearts!
Team Thompson at the Moss Beach Distillery in Half Moon Bay

Justin was so excited about dinner he couldn't keep his eyes open!Thanks to Maggie, my outfit was complete with darling danglely gold earrings!

We came back home for presents and phone calls. We also caught the end of the Giants vs. Rangers game, where the Giants cinched their second win of the series!
Some of the loot!

Thanks again to everyone who joined in celebrating with us -- you sure know how to make a girl feel loved!

1 comment:

The Cox Trio said...

I'm very impressed with Justin's attention to the golden details. Eric would just role his eyes if I told him that it was my Golden Birthday... Good thing I got that out of the way a LONG time ago. Miss you friend, wish you could be here this weekend for Eli's birthday, just like you were for his day of birth...