We've been waiting for both cars to return to us so we could post a post about how the prodigal cars have returned.
However, it appears that the Mazda Tribute is more of a problem child/car than its sibling, my first born/bought car, the Mazda 3.
This seems to go along with the idea of sibling birth order in families, doesn't it? The first born tries to stay out of trouble while the second one likes to see just how far the rubber band of patience stretches before it snaps.
Snaps!
We love both cars just the same, and upon the Tribute's return home to our apartment parking lot, I plan on yelling out to Justin, "Quick! Bring the best car cover and put it on him. Put an air freshener on his rear-view mirror and new tires on his rims. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this car of mine was damaged and is back to normal again; he was hurt and is repaired."
Ben, the repairman, said the car part they're waiting on should arrive tomorrow and that we should expect to get it back early this week (although that's what they said last week...). We'll keep ya posted.
We know you've been wondering...
PS -- I'm not going to spend too much time thinking about the fact that I wrote "first born car." I know it's weird I did so in the first place, but I typed it out without first pulling up the mental image.
PPS -- To Joe/Curtis and all other middle/second born children of the world. You know your oldest siblings love you immensely. And not just because you were able to create enough drama so that the attention was off of we older children long enough so we could act out and no one would notice. Promise :)
PPSS -- Special thanks goes out to Jesus' "The Parable of the Lost Son" for inspiring that last bit. You can read the original parable in the bible in Luke, chapter 15.
PPPSSS -- We have reason to believe a slug is living in my rental car. Reason: there is a slug trail running the length of the backseat and it then the trail trails to the front seat. It could have been moving the opposite direction, but either way, I find it quite disturbing. A slug!??
No comments:
Post a Comment