Monday, June 7, 2010

Solid Gold

Hello again! In addition to Indy watching last weekend, we celebrated Justin's Golden Birthday...he turned 29 on May 29! Justin's always been lucky in that his birthday falls around Memorial Day so he has a nice three-day weekend to celebrate!
He was obviously more excited about turning 92.

We had gone to Windsor Friday night to visit my parents and our friends the Byes for a weekend of Indy and golden birthday excitement. I had plans to snap a picture of JT near the Golden Gate Bridge, but there was too much traffic on the way up and the bridge was completely covered in fog on the way back. However, I took full advantage of finding all things gold with which to decorate and even found a frozen yogurt shop called "The Golden Spoon" in Windsor!

On the morning of his birthday we opened some presents:
Then we all went out to explore the great town of Windsor and the road that lead to the coast:
It was really windy and a bit chilly, but it was a gorgeous day on the coast!

After lunch in Botega Bay we stopped by the old school house and church which were used in the Alfred Hitchcock movie
The Birds. A family lives in the school (which they've since made into a house) and allow people to come in the front hall where they have a small gift shop. It was a fun little stop.

After that we went to play a round of mini golf where I was, coincidentally, pooped on by a bird. It landed right on top of my head. Blurg.

Haha, pictures of people golfing crack me up. Sorry, gang, I know they aren't that flattering :)

After golf we went back home so I could wash my hair before dinner.

We went to Johnny Garlic's for dinner - Johnny Garlic's is one of Guy Fieri's restaurants. It was a good pick and we definitely recommend it! They also offer a free delicious dessert for birthday folks, so I busted out a crown and some bling for JT to wear while we sang.
He loved it.
HAHAHAHAHA
Oh yeah...we all got sunburned during golf...but what's new there.

After dinner we went back to the condo for more birthday dessert.
Justin had such a great time celebrating, he couldn't keep his eyes open.

HAPPY GOLDEN BIRTHDAY, JUSTIN!

1 comment:

Maggie and Drew said...

Happy Golden Birthday JT! I am so mad at myself for fogetting his bday!! I love your face in the pic when you busted out the crown. Priceless! At least JT is sporting an Illinois sweathirt in the last pic. He must have been thinking of us on HIS birthday. J/K!