Wednesday, January 20, 2010

America's 75 Worst Commutes

Dear followers - I'm not joking when I say traffic is a pain here. Traffic is a pain when present anywhere, but now I can prove my point while pointing to expert data as printed in the

The Daily Beast
America's 75 Worst Commutes
1/19/10
LINK
They are the highways to hell in the country’s most gridlocked cities. The Daily Beast crunches the numbers to determine your ultimate morning nightmares. How did your commute in rank?....

#11, Bayshore Freeway (US 101), San Jose

Weekly hours of bottleneck congestion
: 231
Worst bottleneck
: Northbound, Old Middlefield Way
Length of worst bottleneck
: .34 mi
Weekly hours of congestion on worst bottleneck
: 27
Speed of worst bottleneck when congested
: 20.2

Commuter Buzz: “There are stretches that look like a fault line with jagged edges,” says Mike McPherson.

This, my friends, IS WHERE I GET ON THE FREEWAY EVERY DAY. I would also like to note that #7 in Seattle was the closest on-ramp to I-5 for me when I lived in Fremont, but thank goodness for Hwy 99. I'm sure that ol' eye sore saved me from throwing a shoe at someone while driving down the road.

Ever wonder why there are shoes scattered on the roadways? I believe it's due to road congestion. And I wouldn't be surprised if I come home one shoe down one of these days.

Source

1 comment:

Maggie and Drew said...

If you refer to the #9 commute you will see why we live in the suburbs! I heart traffic!