The Thompson men!
Cute!
Grammy, Rolin, Justin, Lee and Emmett. Only Rolin and Emmett's outfits were planned, the rest just happen to match beautifully!
Thanks to cousin Maggie, the boys had cute matching Easter shirts this year :)
Emmett and me after church. Love those teeth!
Please get your sunglasses ready for this next picture....my skin...it reflects light.
I was the designated swimming adult...that's about all the further Rolin and I got in the water...it was chilly in the pool!
Daddy and his boys. And a garbage can.
Back at home, grammy and Rolin played egg hunt over and over and over.
Rolly, me and Emmett. And a garbage can.
We generally go on a little adventure when parents are in town; this time we returned to the Tonto Natural Bridge, about a two-hour drive north of us. Justin, Rolin, Emmett and I had been in October...Rolin may only be two, but he has an impressive memory and talks about the "cave" all the time, so we knew we had to go back. We also knew it was a place the Thompsons would like to explore!
Looking through the hole, you can see light on the other side -- it's not a cave, but a bridge. You can walk right over the top of the arch/hole, and we did!
It's a long, tricky hike to the bottom, but we all made it. Lee was a champ/hero and carried Emmett in the hiker pack all the way down and up, then down and up again on the other side. I worked with Rolin, who was also a champ, even though his little legs turned into cooked spaghetti noodles near the bottom.
Hiking down side 1.
Down near the water at the bottom.
Rolin and I were hiking partners.
Karen and I helping Rolin down a large boulder.
Taking a breather at the bottom.
Underneath one side of the bridge at the bottom. The water is very clear!
Heading up side 2.
The rest of the week was filled with house hunting (yes, we're looking to buy a house!!!) and playing outside in the warm weather (before it gets too hot).
We also toured the Thompsons around Sun City in the hopes of encouraging them to buy a retirement home in sunny AZ with the rest of the snowbirds. To help with the luring, we stopped at my parents' new place for lunch and a tour of their rec center.
Hanging out at the Casa de Emerson II in Sun City.
A special thanks to Grammy and Grandpa for watching the kiddos when Justin and I went out to visit houses. We also had a date night! We hope you can make it back down again soon.




















No comments:
Post a Comment