Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sleepy heads

We're lucky that Rolin is a great sleeper in his new "big boy" bed. We moved him into it in April, about a week after we had started making over the guest room to be his new room. He slept in it the first night and hasn't looked back. He loves it! He's only rolled out once; I wish you could have seen how fast Justin and I ran up the stairs to find him pretty much still asleep on the floor.

Rolin wakes on occasion during the night, I'm assuming from a bad dream? If he woke while I was pregnant, I'd ask Justin to go check on him. If Rolin wakes now that I'm unpregnant, I ask Justin to go check on him (this is only fair, people). He's a good daddy, too, and is usually on his way to check on Rolin before I even hear that he has woken.

Anyway, when Rolin woke one night a couple weeks ago, Justin went in to check on him. After some time passed and Justin hadn't returned, I checked the monitor and found this:


I laugh so hard at this picture because Justin is clearly sound asleep, while Rolin is laying there wide awake. He's just staring at the back of Justin's head as if he's saying to himself, "I just know if I fall asleep, daddy will leave."

1 comment:

Maggie and Drew said...

This is awesome! We had a similar story, and when I went to James' room to wake Drew up, James sat up and said "shhh, Daddy is sleeping, Mommy, don't wake him" Oh boy!