Monday, December 2, 2013

31

My parents came down for my birthday weekend. This was probably the strangest birthday for me, mentally...I've always been pretty pumped about my birthday...I used to create countdowns and hang them in my locker at school. I think I was always so excited about them because my parents did a great job celebrating us. Whether we had slumber parties, family parties or just pizza after a soccer game, our birthdays were always made special.

I can only hope to do the same for Rolly and other kiddos.

But, as I said, this just felt different for me. I kept forgetting my birthday was coming. I kept forgetting it was October. I think the weather had something to do with it. Maybe it's because, while I still am important to myself, there is someone much more important that I think about all day long. Little Rolin!

However, mom, dad and Justin still put on a fun celebration, we gave Rolin his first taste of real ice cream (because he could have dairy at that point) and I scored a bicycle, some artwork for the wall and some other sweet gifts.

On my actual birthday, we went to breakfast before I took mom and dad to the airport. The exterminator came to spray our house later that afternoon and life went back to normal. Thanks to all who sent birthday messages! It's so nice to be remembered on your birthday :)

Riding the new bike!

Rolin with Grandpa and Gigi at breakfast.

Rolin was cleared to have diary shortly before my birthday, so my dad requested to be the first to give him a taste of real ice cream. It took a few licks, but he loved it!



Rolly and momma. Thanks for the earrings, mom!

We also went to a concert in a nearby park. Rolly got his groove on:

1 comment:

Erin said...

I totally know what you mean. I didn't even have a birthday party for me this year! Happy belated birthday :) LOVE your blog! I wish i spent more time writing up stories. The best I can do is at least get the pictures up