Thursday, October 10, 2013

Nails

One of the things I really don't like doing is cutting Rolin's fingernails. If you asked Rolin, he'd say one of his least favorite mommy + Rolin activities is having mommy cut his fingernails.

He hates it.

Probably more than I do.

Today, however, he did something to try to stop me. He picked up a rogue fingernail clipping, held it up for me to see and then suddenly lunged forward in an attempt to shove the clipping in my mouth.

I had been trying my best to secure him with one arm and clip his nails with another -- a position from which he was unable to escape. However, done with sly quickness, his shoving of the clipping allowed him to slip from my grasp.

It was one of the grossest, yet one of the most tactical, moves I've ever seen him make.

He's growing and getting smarter every day. He's a rascal, that one!

No comments: